Monday, March 12, 2012

Just 'cause I said it, don't mean that I mean it

The past week sucked, a lot. It sucked for all those non-specific reasons that seemed so bad at the time but now I can't actually remember any of them. Like when you wake up from dreaming and you have this very distinct feeling of happiness, anger, fear, but you only have a very foggy recollection of why....it's like that.

But that was last week. This is a new Monday, a new blog entry, and a new outlook. Oh hey, and it was 75° today! That's pretty incredible for mid March in IL. Every year on the first really warm and sunny day I decide that I need to be ridiculous and put on a dress, wear sandals, drive everywhere with all 4 windows down and the sunroof open, and basically act like it's the middle of the summer. That's exactly what happened today. I had on a yellow sundress, a pair of adorable new wedges and a bunch of tangled up hair and I couldn't have been happier, until I got home and looked in the mirror. I don't really know why I was so surprised, it's not like I have been going to the gym 6 days a week (like I should be)or going tanning on a regular basis but I wasn't ready for what I saw.

So, I have to do something about it. Typically when I decide I am going to do something I never make it easy on myself. I can't just invite people over for a cook-out and make hot dogs, I can't just decide to straighten up my house and not end up moving every piece of furniture, I have to go all out. Sometimes I like that about myself. 

As a result, I decided to make a few changes that start right now. First of all, I am going to stop eating shit. It's technically junk food, but it's the same as far as my hips are concerned. I am going to the gym at least 4 times a week. Also, I am going to stop getting on facebook on a daily basis, I waste more time on that site then anything else. It's so bad that if I am getting on the internet for any other purpose I automatically sign into facebook out of habit and then have to stop and remember why I was actually on the computer. Another huge time waster is my cell phone. I have it within arms reach all the time. I take it with me to brush my teeth, I make sure I get it out of my bag and put it in the cup holder when I'm in the car, I even have it with me when I run out to the mailbox at work. Seriously, I am not that important, and 99% of the time no one is trying to get a hold of me.

I mostly just wanted to get this down in writing so that I wouldn't forget any of it. Also, I feel accountable to this blog and the 1 (maybe) person who reads it. So, I feel accomplished doing this for tonight. Hopefully in 7 days when I am back here I will be 5lbs lighter, a few shades darker and have thought of something interesting to write about now that I have the extra time. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment