Monday, January 30, 2012

Wonderful Monday...yes, you read that right.

Today was a breath of fresh air. After dreading going back to work all weekend I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning refreshed and ready to start the day. Not only did I wake up bright eyed, but as it turns out, I had a fantastic hair day. You know the kind that you wish you could take a rain check on and actually save for a special occasion? Yes, it was that good. Also, dress that I ordered online a few weeks ago to wear out for Valentine's Day dinner with my husband came in the mail and I love it! More importantly, it loves me back.

I truly believe that I appreciate a good Monday more then the average person because for years I couldn't stand the thought of having to face another one of them. I think that anyone who has ever had to work in a customer service related call center, (or maybe just work with the public in general) will understand exactly what I am talking about. There is nothing worse then going to work at 8am only to sit in front of a computer for the next 8 hours and have strangers complain and yell at you because they don't understand a policy they signed up for. I had to do that for 3 years and when I quit I promised myself that no matter what I would never work in customer service again. As a result of those 3 years I now have a profound respect for those people that can do it, but I am not one of those people.

The job I go to every day now is a small (I'm talking 2 employees) law office where my responsibilities are very laid back and the atmosphere is very enjoyable. I can't even begin to tell you how much of a difference it makes in my overall happiness to go to a place everyday that I enjoy.

So, while so many people are singing the Monday blues right now and complaining to anyone who will listen about the horrible day they just had, I am grateful not to be one of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment